You can create multiple routes in the backend and display them on your Google Maps. Visitors will be able to show/hide them easily on the frontend. Just enter a start and an end point to get directions. You can continue to add routes without losing the previous ones.
There is no need to describe how popular Google Maps is today. People use it almost every day due to a wide range of features that make their lives better. Getting directions is one of them. You don’t have to ask bypassers what track to keep and where to turn – the way is on your phone. Multiple routes give even more opportunities! That’s why we suggest upgrading the map on your website with this function. Let’s take a look at the advantages:
- Customers won’t have to search for ways themselves – you’ll show them the best ones.
- Multiple routes help to display directions to many places on one Google Map.
- People will see various options and will be able to compare them.
- Detailed instructions will help users to follow the route and not to get lost.
- The possibility of hiding itineraries will let visitors select only those they are interested in.
- Calculating distance and journey time will let people plan their trips and costs.
This feature is necessary for those who deal with traveling. If you have an agency, create multiple routes for excursions or tours around countries or cities. You won’t have to describe them for a long time – just show them on a Google Map. Potential clients or those who get ready for the trip will be able to check the details whenever they wish. Offering different routes you’ll be able to switch between them quickly or show all at once.
Travel bloggers will also benefit from multiple routes if they share their experience on websites. They can embed Google Maps and display the way they have made. Followers will be thankful for showing them the most beautiful and interesting places and how to get there. Adding posts and infowindows you’ll make the story even more bright, alive and confirmed by experience.
How it works
There are 3 steps you need to take to display multiple routes on your Google Map.
- First, you need to add locations. This is the guide on how to do it. You’ll have to insert data like title, address, coordinates, country, state, city, postal code and place a marker on the map.
- The next step is creating routes. It also requires adding information about them (titles, start and end locations). The tutorial on how to do it is here.
- The last stage is adding a table with the itineraries. You will just need to turn this option on. Learn how to do it following the link.
On the frontend side, you’ll see a Google Map with multiple routes displayed. Tick or untick boxes in the table to leave only the ones you want to see. Clicking on titles you’ll get detailed directions.
Explore this feature more with the help of our example map: