You can display places around a location on Google Maps using the tab. Visitors will be able to search for nearby objects like cafes, restaurants, airports and other amenities. They will also be able to show/hide them easily on the front-end.
We often use this feature in the Google Maps app, so why not add it to your website map? It expands the experience of customers giving them extra opportunities, and this, in turn, improves their loyalty. Let’s see in what way:
- Customers will be able to search for nearby objects according to their current location.
- The plugin allows finding places of interest near certain locations.
- Visitors can choose categories of amenities they want to be displayed on the Google Map.
- There is an option to show/hide the table with entry data to see the full map.
- Users can set the radius in which they want to search for nearby objects.
- All necessary information will be collected in one place, so, customers won’t have to leave your website and switch to Google Maps app to see the amenities they are interested in.
Applying this function works not as an advertisement – it shows that you care about your clients and their convenience. It’s a deeper approach that will pay off in trust and regular customers.
How to use
To search for nearby locations you’ll have to make a couple of steps. They are as follows:
- Define where you want to find places and enter the name of a city or an establishment in a tab. You can also click on the icon with a scope to use your current location.
- Select how far the objects can be from the start point and measurement units.
- Tick the boxes of categories you’re interested in.
- Click the button ‘Find locations’.
- Click on the markers to see information about the amenities.
Let’s try to do it with a real Google Map. If we want, for example, to search for nearby banks that are not farther than 5 miles from Central Park in New York, the USA, we enter the name of the location in the field ‘Start point’. In the field for radius, we type in ‘5’ and select miles. Then we tick the box ‘Bank’ and click on the button ‘Find locations’. This is what we get:
To find out the names of the banks we just need to click on their markers:
Try to search for other places and categories using our example map: